Happy Spring everyone!! I was starting to wonder if it would ever arrive with all the unseasonably cold weather we have had in Oregon but still nothing compared to everywhere else around the country. As I look out my studio window this beautiful phalaenopsis orchid is what is looking back at me from the window sill. Such a welcome sight these blooms are every year.
PATIENCE IHANA – THE RAINS WILL STOP SOMETIME
So I have been really busy working on the new website and blog and trying to get as many of my projects and photos into one centralized location as possible. It’s so easy to get off track when I’m wanting to spend my time in the studio creating , but the website was calling for a serious facelift.
The project that has taken me the longest is overhauling my ABOUT THE ARTIST page. I don’t know why it’s so hard for artists to write about themselves but it seems to be a universal roadblock with creatives. With the help of my mom and her cache of old photos and Steve, I think the updated page gives a pretty good timeline and overview of my crazy art journey! A slideshow of my studio and home is at the end of the page
The ART FLAG store
is now embedded on the main site
There are also new links with descriptions for my:
and other interesting destinations are all located in the navigation bar at the top of the website along with new slideshows on many pages showcasing my art and passions!
Have fun perusing the site and now I can get back to the drawing board creating the fun stuff!!!
- Portland Japanese Garden visit to see the weeping cherry in bloom. Sakura time!We are so fortunate to live only a few miles from the world class Portland Japanese Garden, and as the seasons change and the gardens morph we love to pay this beautiful space a visit as often as possible. This week, the one and only Weeping Cherry in the garden was in full bloom which … Read more
- A rare snowfall in Portland and a new WHINE glass auction coming soon!This has been quite the winter so far in Portland Oregon with temperatures below normal which this week brought an incredible snowfall to our neighborhood! In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined my shed and the wrought iron tree beside it looking so amazing!!! As I look out into the back yard I … Read more
- The Redtailed Hawk babies..Class of 2012For those of you who don’t follow my Facebook page and have been missing this year’s Redtailed Hawk babies in my neighborhood, here are some fun photos to get you up to speed!! Above is a shot of one of the chicks hanging onto the nest as he exercises his wings. We had 3 … Read more
- WOODCHIP WEEK AND A WEEKEND GETAWAYAs the Trunk Show dust settles I immediately jump into my next project which is to get the garden ready for the year. One of the most relaxing "jobs" for me is hauling the 8 yards of cedar chips into the pathways and inside front garden. They are relatively lightweight in the wheelbarrow and it's … Read more
- Back to the garden and a huge THANK YOU!ASSEMBLING PRIORITY MAIL BOXES AND LINING WITH GREEN TISSUE..JUST A HINT OF THINGS TO COME I want to first thank you all for making this 2012 Graffiti Jewelry Trunk Show the most exciting event yet. All of last week's jewelry purchases have been lovingly wrapped, given a goodbye kiss and sent off into the world … Read more
- THE VULTURES ARE CIRCLING…LITERALLY!Can you imaging my surprise yesterday when Steve calls me on the cell phone as I'm sitting at my computer and says "GET OUT HERE!" ….I sez "GET OUT WHERE?"…..he sez "THE DRIVEWAY" I run outside and ask whats up and he points to the sky and says "BIRDS"… OMG there were at least 50 … Read more
- OUR HOUSE…in the middle of our street. A NEW VIDEO of the house transformationYou all knew it was coming!!!! I’ve been diligently taking photos of every phase of the house facelift to ultimately do a timeline video, and I just got it completed today!! You will see a number of brand new shots taken yesterday towards the end of the video that show the BEFORE and AFTER … Read more
- HOUSE AND GARDEN UPDATE…Asian Influence with a French AccentBelow are some of the updates we did to the garden and house over the weekend. We were surprised after visiting the local French Festival (Bastille Day Celebration) how over the years we have managed to fuse two of our favorite cultures together quite unintentionally in our decorating. Somehow the Provence France tablecloths and the … Read more