As we get ready to leave for our annual trip to the Oregon Coast with the fuzzheads (Lil and Onni) my head is spinning with all the preparations I need to make for the next 2 months ….and do most of it THIS WEEK!! I’m packing for our Xmas coast getaway , getting my clothes ready for Minnesota in January….(like I have clothes for Minnesota in January….lol… I’ll layer raincoats I guess.) and also getting my small carry on bag contents set aside for our February trip to Vietnam and Laos since I won’t be home long enough in January to do all of this. The more I check off the list, the longer it seems to get.
- We found my lost passport..CHECK OFF LIST….
- but then had to apply for visas… ADD TO LIST .
- Travel shots are still good…CHECK OFF LIST…
- oh no we forgot a couple… ADD TO LIST.
- Found new walking shoes for hot summer weather. No easy task in winter boot season…CHECK OFF LIST
- …not available in my size …ADD THEM BACK TO THE LIST
- We have already changed my ticket to Minnesota in January at least 4 times to try and predict when my daughter Liz is having her baby. Of course thats not possible and little Milo will arrive when hes ready. We are all excited to meet him
…and the lists keep getting longer as time runs shorter…its all part of the challenge and fun. I love planning trips!
Colour is the first of Luang Prabang’s virtues to greet travellers. Pearly frangipanis with their heady perfume, banks of overgrown trees peppered with scarlet flowers, the burnt sienna robes of hundreds of monks and their novices, and resplendent gold and claret wats. The scent of fresh coffee, river activity, produce markets and spicy food soon follows.